Friday, July 10, 2020

Moving

As a young widow of 29, HATED the word, moving. Moving through, moving ahead, moving...on. I have also despised every time I had to physically move, and it's been a-lot!!

I remember each time vividly. From Ramblewood to St. Charles. St. Charles to Falcon Crest. Falcon Crest to Tolstoy, Tolstoy to Newton, Newton to...darn, what street was that off Nanticoke in Salisbury? Help me out, Friend. From that street back to Tolstoy. Leaving Salisbury, I cried for the entire two hours to Redeyes, where I had to work that night. My eyes were so puffy and swollen, a regular customer ran out and bought me some Preparation H to help me out!

Then began the journey of my, "adult" moves. I moved back to Falcon Crest, renting that town house from my parents for a while. I moved in with Dan, I moved out for a while and into a condo with Wendy. Dan and I decided together was better than apart, and I moved BACK in. We bought the Aspenwood townhouse, made the best friends, had the biggest laughs, and adopted the dogs that became the reason I got out of bed in the mornings after he died.

When Nick eventually moved into Aspenwood with me, new beautiful memories began, and when we got married, and became a family of 3 and two enormous dogs, we knew we needed some more space. We found the split level on Mt. Hope Court and fell in love. The backyard was enormous and we knew that Lawson and any brothers or sisters she would come to have, would love it. We spent 5 years at Mt. Hope Court. When talking to my therapist about my feelings on leaving Mt. Hope, I dove into the beautiful memories that I am taking with me to the new house. The harder part was when she asked me if I would be able to leave the hurt that ensued in that house, behind. Losing Levi's twin, the loss of Marlo and Gunner, and one other painful curve-ball to our family that I wasn't sure we would get through. We did, however, get through it, and became stronger because of it. As for the loss of Levi's sister, I will always tear up when I talk about it. I will always look at him on birthdays and think, this party would have been super heroes AND princesses, I will always wonder, "what if". But, on the other side of that, I am SO happy. I am SO blessed. I am the mom of the two silliest, weirdest, best laughs, best smiles kids.

As the kiddos grew, the itch to move into a community with other kids became great. Our street on Mt. Hope was quiet, and wonderful, but there were no other kids for L & L. We began the search. We wanted to be close to Piney so that L & L would be close to their school friends for play-dates, playing sports together, etc. We looked at a few houses, but nothing checked all of our major boxes.

As Nancy's stories of her neighborhood, the friends she has made, the fun her kids were having...visiting her pool with her last summer, etc, we decided to check out Two Rivers. All we were going to do was look at the model. Fast forward, we have been on Waxwing Ct. in The Woodland at Two Rivers for exactly 1 month tomorrow!! I think it is safe to say that this is the best decision we have made for our family ever. The kids are the happiest they have ever been. The house is gorgeous, but more than that, the true sense of community, and that "it takes a villiage" attitude is so evident. We have made instant friends, and L &L mix in with all the other kids like they have been here for years. It is beautiful, it is heart warming, soul filling, laugh-having, ALL THE FEELS.

It wouldn't be reality to think that we aren't going to have some heartaches in this house too, but I can say with a pretty strong sense of certainty, the years to come in this home, are going to be full of love, smiles, and joy.

Moving is no longer a loaded word. We are moving forward, and it is beautiful.

Hello Forever Home.


2 comments:

  1. Weymouth...it was Weymouth. So happy for you in your forever home and beautiful future memories. Remember... we can always VRBO the college days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weymouth!!!!!! Yes! Thanks Kirty!!! I am all in for a Salisbury trip...we HAVE to stay close to WaWa! Xo

    ReplyDelete